With the ongoing pandemic, digitalization has become a boon. The untimely lockdown halted all traditional and retail services, and the majority population became dependent on online services to fulfill basic needs.
In a similar context, where health was a major setback this year, telemedicine services helped people get their health issues taken care of via an online/ telehealth platform. Telemedicine is defined as the bridge that connects common people to healthcare providers using electronic communication as the source, to solve health-related issues and monitor patients’ health status. Few highlighted advantages of telemedicine include-
1. Real-time consultation
3. The cheapest mode of getting healthcare at home
In the below section you will find the top 10 fastest growing telemedicine companies to look for in the future-
- Teladoc – Teladoc provides its services in over 130 countries around the world. Founded in the year 2002, the company’s uniqueness is that it provides quick and affordable healthcare services every day of the year.
- MDLive – The company is based in Florida and was founded in the year 2006. It uses cloud computing to deliver its services. The patients benefit from endless and secure video, voice, mobile, and email conversations with the doctors. In the year 2014, it became one of the top companies that focused on mental health therapy.
- Doctor On Demand – It is a startup founded in 2012 by Jay McGraw, who was a producer of the television health talk show. Their selling point is the cheap consultation fee compared to its competitor, and a staff that works in shifts to provide patients with all-time telemedicine services and less waiting time.
- Amwell – The company was originally named as American Wellness and later rebranded as Amwell in 2019. It is among the world’s top 10 telemedicine companies. Amwell sells its subscription to healthcare providers who, in turn, ask their patients to register on the website.
- Icliniq – Based in India, the company was founded in 2010 and is one of the top companies in the market. It aims to strengthen its position in the Asia Pacific. Due to its Indian origin, the company specializes in Ayurveda and is well-accepted all over the country.
- Med-Cords – In the year 2016, three engineers founded Med-Cords which targets specifically the rural populations. The company started its operation in Kota city of Rajasthan and now has a base of 1720000+ patients taking benefit from its services.
- Ceiba healthcare – The company was established in 2015. It uses artificial intelligence to provide telemedicine solutions. Their platform has an alarm system that recognizes patients deteriorating health and emergency conditions. It also provides integrated services for critical care like Tele ICU, Tele SNFs, and others.
- AssayMe – The company offers at-home self-diagnostic tests to patients. The urine test kit helps in monitoring urine and prevents any chronic health complications. After the urine test, their telemedicine app analyzes urine properties and interprets the result. The app also keeps a record of all previous urine tests for further consultation.
- Doctolib – Based in Paris, it was amongst the top 3 telemedicine solutions that grew during the Covid-19 pandemic. The company provides free video consultations to its subscribers.
- MeMD – In the year 2010, the company started by providing services for minor injuries and illness, but later, they covered issues on mental and emotional trauma. In their telehealth platform, different sections are dedicated to men’s and women’s health, talk therapy, teen therapy, and psychiatry.
Also Read: 5 Amazing Benefits of IoT in Healthcare
In a nutshell, today’s technological age has eased out the use of telehealth software. Telehealth services existed long back, but it has seen significant growth in recent years and is expected to grow at a faster rate. Telemedicine platforms will prove beneficial to the rural population, who are devoid of basic health necessities. The goal is to build a trusted relationship between patients and healthcare professionals and provide an equal healthcare system to all.
Schedule a free demo for our Custom Telemedicine Software Development services now!