Telemedicine has emerged as one of the biggest disruptors in the healthcare industry. It has removed the geographical barriers to obtain the best healthcare services. Telehealth creates a win-win situation for doctors, patients, and caregivers.
Advantages to Doctors
Telemedicine offers the following advantages to doctors:
- Expanded areas of service: With the emergence of telemedicine and online consultation, accessibility to doctors for a consultation now knows no barriers. The doctors now offer consultation to patients sitting hundreds of kilometers away through telemedicine.
- Appointment flexibility: Before telemedicine came into the picture, there was no flexibility in the appointments. The doctors provided appointments strictly within the clinic hours. Telemedicine solutions offer the option of working on holidays without any office staff.
- Increased revenue: Expansion in the geographical areas and increased flexibility to work on the weekends or holidays have significantly improved the income of doctors.
- Reduces last-minute cancellations: Many times, patients are unable to visit the clinic even after booking an appointment. This may be due to any reasons, such as traffic or workload. This results in a loss of revenue for doctors. The patients may easily switch such in-person visits to the online consultation with telemedicine.
- Reduction in operational costs: Thanks to the patient-friendly user interface of telemedicine, more patients are able to access telemedicine. This reduces the overall operating cost of the clinic.
Advantages to Patients
Telemedicine offers the following advantages to patients:
- Improves convenience: There is a significant improvement in patient’s convenience due to the patient-friendly telemedicine platform. There is a reduction in time and overall cost of the patient for consultation. The patients travel less and reduce losing their work time.
- Avoiding the risk of infection: Visiting clinics and hospitals increases the risk of infection. Installing and using a telemedicine app completely avoids this risk and protects the patient from infection.
- Stick to a schedule: Many times, due to unavoidable circumstances, the patients are not able to turn up on time for an in-person visit to the clinic. This results in poor adherence to the visit schedule. Telemedicine helps patients to stick to their schedules.
- Increased choices of doctors: Through telemedicine, the best doctors in the world are available to patients at just one click. The patients have more choices of doctors for consultation and seeking a second opinion.
- Home comfort: Many patients are not comfortable with the environment of a clinic or hospital. Telemedicine allows such patients to interact with doctors from their homes.
Advantages to Caregivers
- Continuous contact with doctors: By using telemedicine services, the caregivers are in direct and continuous contact with the doctors.
- Comprehensive care: By taking the help and guidance of doctors remotely, the caregivers can provide comprehensive care to the patients.
Telemedicine allows patients and doctors to connect from anywhere at any time. The healthcare services are more accessible to the patients through telehealth platforms and that too, at a low cost. Advancements in telehealth software are continuously improving the quality of healthcare and are a solution that benefits all healthcare stakeholders.
Schedule a free demo for our Custom Telemedicine Software Development services now!